ASATA and Diners Club South Africa has announced the winners of the ASATA Diners Club Awards 2014 at a gala event held last Saturday (February 28) at the Montecasino Ballroom in Fourways, Johannesburg.
And the winners are:
- Exceptional Commitment: Lidia Folli, Tourvest Travel Services Head Office, Johannesburg
- Tomorrow’s Leader: Minette Fourie, Club Travel Head Office, Cape Town
- Leisure Consultant: Marcha Lourens, South African Reynolds Travel Centre, Springs
- Corporate Consultant: Celia Kluever, Sure African Imprint Travel, Pretoria
- Key Accounts Executive: Shanell Mowers, Tourvest Travel Services, Johannesburg
- Independent Travel Consultant in association with eTravel: Janine Corry, 24Point7 Travel Studio, eTravel, Cape Town
- Wholesale Representative in a Tour Operator: Enid Maullin, Beachcomber Tours, Johannesburg
- Wholesale Consultant in a Tour Operator: Kuben Moodley, Thompsons Holidays, Durban
Otto de Vries, CEO of ASATA says the association is honoured to pay tribute to those who are involved in this multibillion rand industry. “Last year the IATA figure for air tickets issued for domestic and international travel was in the region of R25 billion,” he says. “This amount excludes accommodation, car rental and the ancillary services connected with travel bookings.
“Today ASATA represents more than 85% of the industry in terms of market share, including the head offices of most of the major travel consortiums. We’re privileged to have a strong industry with travel agents and members who firmly believe in the continuous upgrading of their skills in order to keep pace with current trends.”
Ebrahim Matthews, managing director of Diners Club South Africa, adds: “Diners Club is proud to be associated with ASATA and its commitment to the travel industry through continued efforts to promote growth and development. We are once again delighted to sponsor these prestigious awards, where winners are nominated by their peers, judged fairly and independently, and duly recognised as being the elite of the travel industry.”
Otto concludes, “ASATA believes these awards are of great value to the industry in creating a professional environment. This industry awards programme is reflective of the excellence that we have in South Africa’s travel sector. The awards recognise those travel professionals who continue to offer excellent service with passion and due care, and who improve the perception of this exciting industry.”